No matter how civilized we may become, humans cannot outgrow or outsmart the need for natural wholesome foods. When people transition from a natural diet to a diet of modern, processed foods especially high in white flour, sugar and processed ingredients then we see a lot more tooth decay, plaque on the teeth and gum irritation.
Following a mainly plant based and minimally processed diet will promote dental health as well as general well being.
NINE STEPS to reconnect with natural foods and reclaim our health:
- Choose to eat food that has no bar code.
- Support local farmers who take pride in producing real food.
- Look up old world recipes.
- Ask questions of your oldest friends and relatives about food they ate when they were growing up.
- Keep food simple.
- Learn to crave real food.
- Love wild foods.
- Protect and nourish nature as it nourishes us.